- Accountability – My company is responsible for the personal information I receive from my clients and I will abide by the principles of PIPEDA in safeguarding that information in hard copy and computer documents. My employees also understand and abide by these rules.
- Collection Purposes, Limitations on Collection, Use, Disclosure and Retention – Any and all personal, corporate, financial and related information is collected and kept solely for the purpose of providing advice and to ensure that any products or services you purchase through me are provided quickly and correctly. In order to obtain products for you, I am required to share your personal information with insurers through intermediary brokerage firms. I only collect and keep information that helps me formulate advice including personal, financial and health information.
- Consent – The nature of my work means I and my staff must collect and retain a lot of personal information about my clients including health data, financial data and identity verification data. I use this information to understand your financial needs and to identify possible solutions to problems you might have. In becoming my client, and by signing this form, you agree to give me this information and allow me to share this information with companies you choose to buy financial products from and with relevant brokerage intermediary firms. You allow me to retain your information in paper or electronic files for as long as you wish me to be your advisor, or for as long as there is a business or legal need to retain the information. You also allow me to share your information with client relationship management software vendors and financial analysis software vendors for the sole purpose of managing, organizing and analyzing your data so that I can provide better service and solutions to you. Should I retire, die or become otherwise become incapacitated, you allow me to transfer your information to another agent or agency, to continue to service your needs. However, you have the right to choose a different agent at that time if you wish.
- Information Accuracy – I rely on receiving accurate information in order to make appropriate recommendations. You may review the personal information I retain about you upon request. I may also update the information regularly in an effort to ensure I am making recommendations about your situation based on the correct information.
- Safeguards – All the written information I receive from you is either in secure filing cabinets or in password protected computer files. Any computer files stored off site are encrypted or locked. Old files that are discarded are shredded or otherwise completely destroyed. My staff understands the sensitivity of this information and the importance of protecting it.
Elanda Kowalchuk, CFP, CCS, CEA